Thursday, January 27, 2011

Imagine All Those. . .

I'd pay money to see a lot of live events like a good live band, a stage play, a rodeo, ballet, or even midget wrestling. You know, something that broadens my cultural sensibilities.  I wouldn't waste a dime on something like the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra wheedling away on some Beatles tunes which is scheduled for Saturday night in downtown Jackson.

If I want to hear an orchestra play, I prefer to hear some Brahms or Bach, some complicated and hair-raising fugue that just blasts you out of the orpheum.  The thought of hordes of lost, aging, flower-child hippies pouring into Thalia Mara Hall for this event fills me with a certain dread.

Just for Ali's sake, I might stand out front and take a few swings at them just to restore the natural balance of the world.

0 comments: