Wednesday, June 11, 2008

OBAMA THROWS HIS COUNTRYWIDE CONNECTION UNDER THE BUS

Yet another person who turned out not to be the person Obama once knew is chucked under what has become, a very large bus:

Obama and his campaign staunchly defended Jim Johnson against the charge that his ties to troubled mortgage lender Countrywide disqualified him from sitting on Obama's vice presidential search committee, but Johnson just pulled the plug: He resigned as chairman of the steering committee just now.

“Jim did not want to distract in any way from the very important task of gathering information about my vice presidential nominee, so he has made a decision to step aside that I accept. We have a very good selection process underway, and I am confident that it will produce a number of highly qualified candidates for me to choose from in the weeks ahead. I remain grateful to Jim for his service and his efforts in this process,” Obama said in a statement.

Johnson also put out a statement.

"I believe Barack Obama's candidacy for president of the United States is the most exciting and important of my lifetime," he said, according to a Bloomberg report. "I would not dream of being a party to distracting attention from that historic effort."
Can you imagine what Obama's cabinet is going to look like?

Read this previous report.

0 comments: