Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Foolsbook

I used to have a page on Facebook and for a minute or two it was kind of neat to reconnect with people from my past until I realized that none of those assholes had changed and it was just the same clique bullshit from high school, only now everyone had kids and a mortgage.

Also, Facebook began changing and changing again their "privacy" policy to the point where the privacy became less and less and the control over your own information was more in the hands of Facebook than you.

So, goodbye yellow brick road.

I went to a wake last night for my friend (actually an old friend's father who was my first employer and the nicest man I ever knew) who was murdered by a negro thug over a couple of grand. People I haven't seen since high school asked me if I was on Facebook.  Apparently this is how we are all supposed to be connected these days.  Nobody writes letters anymore because they are too busy describing their hangnails and ringworm infections on Facebook.  Of course the answer to their question is a resounding no, to which they ask, "Well, why not?"  And my answer is, "Well, why should I be?"  The answer is as simple as that.  Naturally, no one could give me any good reason why I should be on there, but if they asked (and they didn't) I could have given them several reasons why they should close their account today and never look back. 

Saddle up sheeple, the end is near!

And here is another reason why I am not "connected" to my friends through this scurrilous and shameful company.



0 comments: