Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eyes Wide Shut

. . .was an awful movie.

Also though, it's almost how I feel when I read the headlines of the news today.  It's as if I have descended through a infinite wormhole of unimaginable distortions when I read stories like the people who have named their child Hashtag.  Why not Hashbrown?  Or Chili-Willie Baconface?

I take a deep breath and sigh and try my best to move on to other important and equally stupefying events like. . .

. . .trying to quantify in my head how the residents of the 2nd Congressional District of Illinois can re-elect a mentally unstable potential criminal who has since resigned and waiting in the wings to possibly replace him is another criminal who likes to molest 16-year old children and commit bank fraud.

I drink a little coffee while I digest that absurd notion, but then I recall that. . .

. . .voters in Michigan tossed out Thaddeus McCotter from Congress for a guy who once said in a deposition that he wasn't sure whether he was himself or Santa Claus.  And other voters in Michigan, in Detroit by no big surprise, elected an eight-time convicted felon to a state house seat.

I flip the channel. . .

. . .only to find that mentioning the word "cornfield" in front of Nicki Minja or whatever she calls herself is some kind of racist affront to black people even though the cornfield comment was about a white Jew from Minnesota.  Who watches American Idol anyways?  And to add cream on that cherry, everyone's favorite race-baiter on MSNBC declares that there is no such thing as a race card.

America where are you?  Is it time to bring back the poll tax?  A literacy test?  How about we nuke the east and west coasts and those of us who have the brain power to make competent decisions for ourselves can just huddle somewhere around South Dakota to wait out the nuclear winter and hopefully emerge into a new paradigm of personal responsibility, education, family and small government that is answerable to the people who elect it.

Otherwise, I'm moving to. . . . ........I dunno. . .the following map of Ecuador looks inviting enough. . .









Map of Ecuador



0 comments: