Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voter ID

In my small town I waited over an hour to vote this morning.  Not a big deal really, and it was sort of nice watching the neighbors be neighborly and people greeting one another with smiles and handshakes.  The line moved slowly, but I eventually made it to the voter roll table where I announced my last name to the unfriendly gentlemen seated with the rolls.  He flipped page after page after page until he landed on the letter he was looking for.  I spotted my full name before he found my last name and I said, "That's me at the top."

I did the same thing last election and the election before that.  I always tell them my last name and point at my name when I see it before they've even had a chance to find the last name I've told them.  If I weren't an honest person I could very easily be committing voter fraud.

It would be all too simple to pick a random last name and then point at it claiming that it is me.  They have no recourse to verify that I am not who I say I am.  As long as that person hasn't voted already I would be home free.

Thank goodness I'm an honest person who believes in fair elections aka a "racist."

I'm a racist very much unlike this "election judge" in Chicago who feels like it is ok to wear Obama campaign propaganda while checkng people in to vote.




0 comments: