Saturday, May 30, 2009

Obama Gets Security Briefing at Hamburger Joint

Nice. I feel much safer knowing my Commander in Chief is being briefed on the nuances of national security at a hamburger joint that also serves peanuts in bulk.

On his trip to get a burger with Brian Williams at Five Guys this afternoon, the president appears to have learned of the existence of a Defense Department intelligence arm, the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, from an agency employee also at the burger restaurant.

"So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial..." Obama said, after the worker mentioned his employer, according to a video of the event.

"We work with, uh, satellite imagery," the worker, Walter replied.

A POLITICO reader caught the exchange, which starts around 5:45 on this C-SPAN video.

The transcript:

Obama: What do you do Walter?
Walter: I work at, uh, NGA, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Obama: Outstanding, how long you been doing that?
Walter: About six years
Obama: Yea?
Walter: Yes.
Obama: You like it?
Walter: I do, keeps me...
Obama: So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial...uh...
Walter: Uh, we work with, uh, satellite imagery..
Obama: Right
Walter: [unintelligible] ...support systems, so...
Obama: Sounds like good work.
Walter: Enjoy the weekend.
Obama: Appreciate it.
And what's with all the hamburgers this guy is eating. High cholesterol and a smoker. Obama makes Bill Clinton look like Richard Simmons. I really wish my President didn't look so damn gay.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dem's good hamburgers but he looks seiously confused on ordering his own burger.