Saturday, April 26, 2008

THE GREATEST PLAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY: RICK MONDAY - A TRUE AMERICAN HERO

32 years ago today, Rick Monday makes the greatest play in Baseball history...

Monday was playing center field for the Chicago Cubs on April 25, 1976, at Dodger Stadium when he noticed two protesters kneeling on the grass in left-center, intending to burn the American flag. He immediately bolted toward them and snatched it away.

"I was angry when I saw them start to do something to the flag, and I'm glad that I happened to be geographically close enough to do something about it," said Monday, now in his 13th season as a Dodgers broadcaster.

"What those people were doing, and their concept of what they were trying to do was wrong. That feeling was very strongly reinforced by six years in the United States Marine Corps Reserves. I still think it's wrong to do that."



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I hadn't seen the video before. Just the picture.