Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Answer

After reading Captain Thurston's post about the Italian squatters in England who took over a man's home during his absence leaving him powerless to prosecute criminally, I have a suggestion for England:  change your law immediately!

I suggested in the comments of that thread that if this happened in a place like Mississippi, my beloved home state, the results would have been much different.  In Mississippi, as in 30 other states, we have "Castle Law" or "Castle Doctrine" which allows a homeowner to protect themselves and property from harm by intruders in the home.  In some states, as in Texas, this even extends to one's vehicle.  Ironically, this law is derived from English Common Law, however, since 1946 one cannot own a firearm strictly for self-defense in England.

I hear the loo flushing in England. . .



For a country that gave us such wonderful creations as spotted dick and The Who, I shed a tear as liberalism and multi-culturalism tear that country apart.  And I fear for the USA also, especially if we keep electing shadow-communists to higher office in our great land.  Now if you'll excuse me, I feel the need to go cling to my gun and my religion.  Then tomorrow, maybe I'll go to the garden and pick sweet potatoes while wearing a three-piece Armani suit.  That's the right way to do it, isn't it?

Please God have mercy on us.

0 comments: