Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life's Little Rewards

Since I've come to America and have had children I have sought to expose them to the things I never got a chance to do as a young boy in Iraq. One of the latest things I've done is to introduce my two oldest to Ice Skating. We didn't have ice in Tikriti al-Shidoobee. Nor water, electricity, food and a will to live. But that's neither here nor there. My kids are having a great time and I love to sit and watch them enjoying the things I never did. They first time I walked in to the rink, I got down on my knees and touched the ice very slowly and cautiously with the back of my hand. Upon first touch of this alien sensation, I ran screaming hysterically out of the building and into the street. My kids started crying. It took the instructors and a few police to calm us down enough to start the lesson. Praise to God I now have no fear of this demon ice and have been researching all I can to learn more about this beautiful form of creativity.

All that and this Sasha Cohen makes Ali pitch a tent on the sandy plains of his nether regions! Ha ha! I make funny!

No, seriously.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole Ali Blah Blah thing is stupid and should be dropped. As far as the hot babes on ice, though ... YES!

Neshobanakni

Ali Blah Blah said...

That's racist.