Monday, August 24, 2009

The Planet is Saved: Ben & Jerry's to Release Global Warming Friendly Ice Cream

I'm just going to go ahead and say that this idea will fail. Room temperature ice cream? That's like buying a car with no wheels.
Warm ice cream is the holy grail for scientists at Unilever, owner of the Magnum and Ben & Jerry’s brands, which is developing a “low-carbon” product to be sold at room temperature and frozen at home.

Unilever hopes that a product sold at room temperature will help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Ice cream is one of the company’s more energy-intensive products because of the need to keep it frozen during transport and storage.

2 comments:

Ali Blah Blah said...

Better yet..since I'll be freezing my own Ben and Jerry's, why don't we find the recipe and mix it as well. I'll go the whole damn 9 yards and make the crap myself for now on. Stupid millionaire hippy 'tards.

Anonymous said...

Cap and trade Ben and Jerrys Now.